Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Member Specific > New Members > Beagle/Pointer Mix

Beagle/Pointer Mix

Replies: 1 - 7 of 7
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
ndame09
Contact Me
Hello, new member here with a new puppy. I think he is a beagle/pointer mix, but I would appreciate some other opinions. Thanks!

corky95621
Contact Me
deffinately looks like a beagle/GSP to me. lovely looking dog! welcome to the group by the way! you will be very welcome here and people have tons of advice and tips to give if you ask for it. congrats on your puppy!
emgerber
Contact Me
Welcome to our group. Cute puppy. I really like beagles and before I got the dog I have now I was really considering a beagle or a beagle mix. I have a friend who has a beagle and she really loves her dog who is just wonderful with the family. Looking forward to getting to know you.
ndame09
Contact Me
Thanks, I am still just as stumped on his breed. I have it narrowed down to beagle mixed with either GSP, Jack russell or pointer. I am puzzled by his docked tail... is there a reason? He is now 5 months old and weighs 17lbs.
emgerber
Contact Me
Great pictures thank you for sharing. He is a great looking dog. How is life going with your new puppy? I think no matter what we think we see in your dog without the history you will never truly know what his mix is, but does it really matter? Just love him and enjoy what he has to teach you.
corky95621
Contact Me
people will dock the tails if a breed with docked tails is in the mix. i see no jack russel terrier in that dog at all. i would deffinately saying german short hair pointer and beagle. i use to own both of those breeds and i can really see them both in this mix you have. he is so cute though!
ndame09
Contact Me
Thanks, he is doing great so far. very intelligent... almost too much so :) He seems to be bipolar, since he can go from being very hyper to lazy in a matter of seconds... I will keep this thread posted with his progress! 

emgerber
Contact Me
My dog can go from hyper active to sleeping in 0 seconds. It is just the type of personality my dog has. We have worked with her so when asked to settle down she will on request. I very much like high energy dogs but this is when exercise becomes a huge factor. I run with my dog every day and she complete in agility. I need lots of outlets for her to use up her energy. You may find this maybe the case with your dog. If you have a high energy dog and they do not get the necessary outlet to use up the energy they can get into allot of trouble. I am sure you will have lots of fun times with your new family member.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund