Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > Q & A > Doesn't Recognize His Brother After Grooming

Doesn't Recognize His Brother After Grooming

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Logan
Contact Me
I have a Poochin named Logan who's 9 months old and a Yorkiepoo named Bailey who's 8 months. They've been together since birth and are the best of friends.until they get groomed. When they get home Logan doesn't seem to recognize Bailey and will attack him whenever he comes near. I thought maybe it was the scent from shampoo or something so we've tried unscented products and it doesn't help. I'm sure it has to do with Bailey smelling different but I would think he was smart enough to realize it's still his step brother who he's known since birth! Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution?

Linda78
Contact Me
wow, I'm so happy to hear this! well, not really, for you, but I thought my crazy dog was the only one who did this. I have a 8 mo. old Chipoo and a 10 year old Cockapoo. When the cockapoo comes home from the groomer, the little guy barks like crazy. This last hair cut was pretty short so I'm assuming he thought a new dog came into the house. After he got a smell of him he calmed down!
sycadoog
Contact Me
I have seen this many times with my own dogs. I think that it has something to do with the way my dog behaves after he is groomed. I groom my dog at home so he is never out of the house and yet it still happens. I have noticed that he seems to act differently for a few hours up to a few days after he is clipped. It is like he knows how good he looks and shows off to his brother. [:)]

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund