Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Health > Health Concerns > Acorns

Acorns

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
sophiesmom
Contact Me
Hi all. I know some of us talked about our little ones eating acorns and wondering if they were toxic or not and I found out some new information. Acorns are [b][i]very[/i][/b] toxic to dogs! My vet said that they can cause serious health issues including renal failure and death!! I am really worried not cause my Chipoo, Sophie, will not stop eating them. Yesterday we were outside and I had to stop her no less than 20 times. She loves them for some reason. I try to watch here but as you know it is almost impossible to watch them 24/7. Please be careful. She seems fine, but of course since I found this out, I see all kinds of things I didn't before. [:)] So, please watch your babies and don't let them eat acorns.

Linda78
Contact Me
Edward will not stop eating the acorns either! AND, the other morning he vomited so much. It was foamy and I think pieces of acorn were in it. As fast as we take themfrom him, he gets another. I don't know how to keep him from eating them. I wonder if it's a Chipoo trait because I never had this problem with Kipper.
ksmithpa

Junior, our Shih Tzu kept eating them too, they made him sick, we gave him a dropper of PeptoBismol and he was ok, he also quit eating acorns, he was foaming also. Sometimes I think that he and Schatzi (Shih Poo) are part goats. They have chewed up some strange things..................a sanitary pad, toilet tissue, sticks, paper, you name it.
Linda78
Contact Me
We just keep raking and raking the acorns...hopefully, they'll stop falling soon! My vet recommended Pepcid for Edward when he was sick , but don't give it without checking w/your vet first..
ksmithpa

Our vet has us keep two things, Children's Benedryl since Junior gets to running so much and gets excited he starts wheezing and Pepto Bismol for upset stomach, so far both work on him. He is the Shih Tzu.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund