Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Health > Health Concerns > Puppy Skin Infection

Puppy Skin Infection

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
debrome

I have a 9-week-old cockeranian that we acquired at 6 weeks of age. She has been a scratcher since the day we brought her home and is chewing herself to death. We have been to our vet twice and finally she got a steroid shot and an antibiotic 30 hours ago. The inflammation is somewhat better and been giving her benadryl to help with the itching. This poor puppy is just miserable! Does anyone out there have any insite into this problem. I would appreciate anything anyone has to offer to help her survive this.

dhietpas

You didn't mention if your vet told you about food allergies...my zsa zsa did alot of chewing on herself especially her feet. I found out if was probably allergies to food. You need to limit her to specific things to eliminate what she/he is allergic to. Mine was chicken and grains. I give them both Dick Van Pattens dog food for allergies. You may want to give that a try. They have treats that are for allergies also. I know how frustrated you must be. Also, watch what she is able to walk on. (ie salt in the winter, some plants, etc) She probably has many allergies and you won't be able to handle all but you can make her more comfortable. I have also taught zsa that chewing and itching is a no no. Like a human the more you itch the worse it is. Lots of exercise to keep her tired. Good luck!
debrome

thank you. He didn't mention food allergies but I have switched her to Science Diet Lamb and rice. We do not have a petco in our town but have a friend picking me up a bag of DVP Natural Balance this weekend. I will give that a try!

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund