Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Travel > Traveling Tips > Travelling with a dog

Travelling with a dog

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
emgerber
Contact Me
I would like to have a discussion on traveling with your dog and what things to consider and even unexpected things that can possibly happen along the way. If you go out of your country are there special papers you need to carry for your dog. Any and all information would be appreciated.

corky95621
Contact Me
i dont know too much about traveling in air planes with dogs but i would like to know a bit more on this subject as well. usually when i drive to different states i use a doggie seat belt for my dogs because one of them does not like to be crated and i hate to crate them for that long. i have a bowl that sits inside my cup holder that holds water for dogs which is nice. then i usually stop to let them out to potty every 2 hours ( i stop so much cuz of my 6 month old puppy) i also have potty pads on my floor boards just in case. i also bring some dramamine (for carsickness) because they tend to get a bit car sick. i know i have 2 doggie pet passports for if i ever do fly out of the country with them but my fellow co-worker is moving back to hawaii and it is costing her 1k just to board 2 of her dogs (they put them in a holding facility) for a certain amount of time to make sure they have all their vaccinations and what not. you dont even get to see the dogs they take them immediately from you when you land and they call you when they can be picked up. it used to be a 6 month holding time but i guess they changed it and i dont remember how long she said they had to be in solitary confinement.
emgerber
Contact Me
My dog travels well. We use a doggie seat belt just because she can see more and get assurance from us if she needs it. We also use her dog bed with the seat bet as it is more comfortable for her. Where do you get the doggies passports? If I plan to go over the boarder I will need to get one. I knew the quarantine time for moving was a big issue. I know people who take there animals to compete in other countries so there must be different rules for this type of traveling. If you know anything or at least where the best place to find out I would love to know.
corky95621
Contact Me
i got my doggie pastport at my work for 3.99 they have them for cats as well.
emgerber
Contact Me
If I am right you work at Petsmart, do you think the Petsmart in Canada would carry the passport as well? I would love to have one on hand. I know when the competing season starts I would like to go to some shows in the US.
corky95621
Contact Me
im pretty sure they would. you can also google pet passports and they have some pretty nice ones online. there is one i have been looking at but it is like 14.99 but it is larger than the one i have now. the one i have is a pocket size which is nice but i like the larger book.
emgerber
Contact Me
I will goggle it and see what is available. What documents are required in the pet passport? What was it like for you going over the boarder?
corky95621
Contact Me
have yet to travel over the boarder with a pet although i plan to when i decide to take a trip to ireland. ive been to canada when i was about 10 but never took my dogs with me. but i bought the passport for just in case and to have on hand cuz it can hold all his documents and i have a vet sign off on his shots plus you can enter in emergency contact info, a photo of your pet and all kinds of stuff. its pretty neat. hopefully i will get the chance to use it.
emgerber
Contact Me
I checked out Petsmart here in Canada and the passports are available and very inexpensive. I am planning to make a trip to the store to get this passport so I can travel to agility completions in the US. Your information is greatly appreciated. When Khia goes in for her yearly physical and immunizations before the completion season I will get my Vet to sign off on all the required papers. Thank so much.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund