Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > Member Specific > New Members > New member Today

New member Today

Replies: 1 - 10 of 10
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
Kayte
Contact Me
Hi everyone,
I am new here, I'm Kayte my new baby girl is Katie. I got her yesterday evening and had a good first night!
She is a tiny Cavapoo, mostly black with couple of little white patches. She is adorable
She has not had a drink since I brought her home, breeder said all the pups drank water, just wondering should I get her some puppy milk?
Will post some pics when I have some.
Kayte

emgerber
Contact Me
Welcome Kayte and Katie. I am looking forward to getting to know you. I live in Ontario, Canada. I hope you have some pictures posted I am going to go check them out. My dogs is 2 years old we have had her since she was 7 weeks old. Check her out her name is Khia.
Kayte
Contact Me
Hi emgerber , thanks for welcome.
Khia is a beauty - and doing so well in her agility!!  Katie doing well today, only 2 wee's indoors, been busy meeting family (my niece didn't want to give her back!)
Will try to post some more pics in coming week, getting one of her mum and dad to put in her album.
Off to vets tomorrow for first jab
Nice to meet you both

corky95621
Contact Me
welcome to the group! there are not many here anymore but there are a few that do come back and check on things. congrats on the new puppy! i love cavaliers and im sure being mixed with poodle just makes them even more cute! if you ever have any questions we are here to help! i have been in the pet industry for over 5 years and i work for PetSmart grooming so if you ever have grooming questions for your little one feel free to ask!
Kayte
Contact Me
Hi corky95621, thank you for the welcome :-)
It's a shame if not so may here, when I found the site I thought what a great idea.
Katie is such a beauty, I am besotted. Think her coat is going to be quite wavy/curly, and because she won't moult will need grooming and styling.
What dog do you have?
emgerber
Contact Me
Katie so you get to go to a groomer or is your mommy going to take care of your coat. My mommy does most of my grooming. I love to get brushed. I got my feet hair trimmed today. I really needed it. What kind of groom style will you be getting when you get groomed?
Kayte
Contact Me
I think I will get Katie used to having her hair brushed, but when it comes to styling will get it done by a groomer.
One week tomorrow since she came to me, she is a little gift from God
Starting to crate train, and focusing on making it Katie's special place. 
Will post some more pics when I can x
emgerber
Contact Me
Khia is crate trained. It is her special space and no one is allow to put their hands in her crate or pull her out. We totally respect this is her space. Khia likes her crate and goes in their quite often to sleep during the day. We actually took the door off because she does not need it on any more but the crate continues to be a very important place for her. The crate sits right in our kitchen the busiest place in our home. We never used the crate for any kind of discipline or punishment. Crate training I believe gives your dog a den. Crate training is a must.
Kayte
Contact Me
How old is Khia, did she cry when you first closed the door? The crate has been in the lounge for 2 day's, with blanket and toys. Katie has happily gone in to play. Today, placed it in the garden, and put her in with her toys so I could cut the grass. I could hear her crying over the noise of the flymo! How long do you think before she knows its her safe place?
Kayte
Contact Me
Just looked at your profile again, and see Khia is 2yr 4mths
I had to look up what a
Cock-A-Mo
American Eskimo Dog x Cocker Spaniel was too!
She is lovely
emgerber
Contact Me
Thank you so much for your complement. She is a very high energy dog and competes agility. She lives to do agility. She is actually called and American Eskimos Spaniel. Her parents and grand parents are the same cross and the original cross was done by a breeder 4 generations back. We have all her family history. It is the hope that this dog becomes recognized in North America. It was not until the 90's that the American Eskimos Dog breed was recognized in North America. After saying all this it really does not matter we love and have learn much from her.

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund