Help Stop Puppy Mills   |   PetFinder   |   Rabies Challenge Fund   |   Dog Training Software   |   QR Code Dog Tags   |   Dog Breed DNA Testing
Discussions > General Topics > General Discussions > Dog Toys

Dog Toys

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6
Post ReplyActive Topics | New Topic
Author  Topic
emgerber
Contact Me
What kind of dog toys does your dog have and how would you rate them?

I have 2 toys by Kyjen Company a snake and an alligator they are both call invincible toys and at this point in time they do seem to be sturdy. My dog has had them since September 2011 and they are still in great shape.

Stuff toys in my house are a waste of money as it take about an hours for the stuffing to be all over the house. I do like the toys without stuffing but they can be taken apart or ripped fairly quickly.

corky95621
Contact Me
luckily my dogs are not big toy destroyers lol. i have a couple snakes that they like some loofa dogs (the long ones that squeek) i have a fox that does not have stuffing in it and they love that one. i have a cow that has 4 squeekers in it and that one is busters fave....he likes things that squeek. i also have an elephant that has a squeeker in the head and a water bottle in the body and once the water bottle gets destroyed i just insert a new one. my little spackle just loves the sound that water bottles make.
emgerber
Contact Me
Khia just loves the squeaky toys. I just have to say find your squeaky and off she goes and comes back with one of the many she has around the house. Khia just got one of the toys that you put a water bottle in for Christmas and she like the crackly sound of the water bottle when she squeezes it. Her favorite things is still tug and is ready to play tug any time any were. The new snake she got for Christmas is excellent for playing tug it also has 5 squeakers in it. Do you buy certain brand name toys that are more sturdy than others?
corky95621
Contact Me
sometimes i do. but my dogs dont destroy their toys like my doberman did lol. i usually buy all the cute toys that go on clearance, that way if they do destroy them it was only a dollar or 2 lol. like now that christmas is over PetSmart has all the toys and chews that are xmas items for 50% off so i got quite a bit of toys and treats lol.
emgerber
Contact Me
I must be totally honest. I love to buy toys for my dog. She is very particular which toys she is going to pull apart, usually it is the ones with stuffing. She has some toys that she has had since she was a new puppy. She has toys all over the house so just before bed I pick them all up and put them in one place. I have a doll cradle in my family room were I put them. She has learned that is were the toys are so when I ask her to go find a certain toy she always checks the doll cradle first. She has even put toys back in the cradle herself.  LOL
scooter80917
Contact Me
My dog has 3 favorite toys - a tennis ball, a stuffed toy with a squeaker in it and a tug-of-war toy I hand made for her, made out of fleece material. Of course, she only plays with them if someone plays with her. :-) Toys seem to last longer now since she turned 4 years. Before then, 2-3 days, max!
emgerber
Contact Me
Our dog will play with her toys sometimes totally by herself. She will toss a toy in the air and catch it. You mentioned tennis ball. We used to give our dog tennis balls but she would rip all the fuzz off it and I would find it all around the house and sometimes even in her poo. When we were at the Vets one day she asked us if we gave tennis balls to our dog because if you do use the ones rated for dogs because the outer covering of regular tennis balls can actually scratch there teeth. Since then we have never given her any tennis balls. She loves to play ball but we bought the catch it ball and she has had it for over a year now and it is still in great shape. 

Page: 1
About | Contact | Help | Donate | Links
Advertising | Website Design

©2007-2024 designermixes.org
Terms & Conditions | Privacy | Scams

Sites We Love:
PetFinder | Rabies Challenge Fund